Phoenix Rising Phoenix Rising

Go Back   Phoenix Rising > Public area > Games > Video Games

Notices

Old 07-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Annihilation
KoC name: Kalki_PR
spearleft

Kalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Kalki Send a message via AIM to Kalki Send a message via MSN to Kalki
Battlefield 2142

Have you played it?
What do you think?
What servers do you usually play at?

Old 16-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Ignition
KoC name: Madn355
spearleft

Madn355 is just really niceMadn355 is just really niceMadn355 is just really niceMadn355 is just really niceMadn355 is just really niceMadn355 is just really niceMadn355 is just really niceMadn355 is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Madn355
Bought it! Installed it! Runned it! And always crashes to desktop! It's so frustrating
Old 16-11-2006, 05:03 AM
Explosion
KoC name: Dufresne
spearleft

Dufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to behold
I have played it, just finished playing about an hour ago. I would recommend it, as I have enjoyed it.

Some reviews may consider it a glorified BF2 mod, but I still think it was a decent game. Lots of ranks and unlocks. I am currently at 4,393 points with the rank of Master Sergeant Silver.

However, recently some players (as evident by the leader boards) have been taking advantage of a couple glitches and some stats padding. The glitches will be fixed in the next patch (comes out this month), but there has been no word from DICE what they will do to the people who have been stats padding.

The stats padding involved getting massive ammounts of points in a single round, usually by hovering over the enemy titan in a transport ship and collecting points for all the titan drops. Some people could get 10,000- 20,000 points a round doing this.

The glitches consisted of some graphical errors. One allowed you to walk through a wall on the EU titan and access consoles 3 and 4 before taking out consoles 1 and 3. The other glitch was one that allowed you to place a spawn beacon in front of the door to the PAC core. A player would then suicide and spawn on the beacon inside the core room without blowing the door.

For further info on BF 2142 players taking advantage of glitches and stats padding, just watch one of the many videos on Youtube.

Grand Old Party Websites and Reading Material

The Federalist Papers

Barry Goldwater's famous books Why Not Victory? and Conscience Of A Conservative

Barry Goldwater's "A Foreign Policy For America" 1960 National Review Article

Ronald Reagan's "A Time For Choosing" speech

Newt Gingrich's Website

The Wall Street Journal

Sean Hannity's Website

Fox News

Bill O'reilly's Website

Economist Thomas Sowell

Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty

The National Review

The Weekly Standard
Old 17-11-2006, 06:04 AM
Ex-member
KoC name: nfernal1
spearleft

nfernal1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nfernal1
looks fun but my compy sux so nvm with bf2142.
Goals: SA 1bill
D 1bill
S 500 mill
Snt 750 mil
Soldiers: 50,000
Ignition: Nitro :
Top 1000: (4271)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Steve Irwin died the way he lived. With animals in his heart...
Old 23-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Explosion
spearleft

Dufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to beholdDufresne is a splendid one to behold
DICE/ EA just released the latest patch for 2142, which fixed some lag issues and the bugs/ exploits. Some of the stats padders and cheaters will soon have their accounts suspended, banned or reset for using exploits to inflate their scores.

The Federalist Papers

Barry Goldwater's famous books Why Not Victory? and Conscience Of A Conservative

Newt Gingrich's Website

The Wall Street Journal

Sean Hannity's Website

Fox News

Bill O'reilly's Website

Economist Thomas Sowell

The National Review

The Weekly Standard
Old 23-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Ex-member
KoC name: Lastman
spearleft

Lastman has much to be proud ofLastman has much to be proud ofLastman has much to be proud ofLastman has much to be proud of
Played it, still plays it but mostly i play bf2

^Click the banner to add a soldier in my army size^

DA sig donated by blackness
Old 24-11-2006, 04:11 AM
Explosion
spearleft

I usedto play BF2 a lot, and spent like 350- 360 hours on it, but just got bored after playing so much. I never got all the unlocks (still have two more to unlock) and never got all the awards either. The problem with BF2 was all the various requirenments for the awards (mainly the hour requirements) and the fact you did not get any points for earning an award.

The various ranks in BF2 took a ton of points (even after they greatly reduced it). I was only at like 35,000 points, and the next promotion would have required 50,000, about double the 25,000 needed for the previous rank. Just needing so many points or hours for awards/ promotions was very discouraging.

For 2142, they have increased the number of ranks, but made the point requirements for each rank a lot lower. Additionally, they reduced the hour requirements for awards to make them more reasonable, and give you points for earning pins, badges and ribbons. (no points for medals).

The Federalist Papers

Newt Gingrich's Website

The Wall Street Journal

Sean Hannity's Website

Fox News

Bill O'reilly's Website

Economist Thomas Sowell

The National Review

The Weekly Standard
Old 24-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Ex-member
KoC name: Esmoreit
spearleft

Esmoreit is a glorious beacon of lightEsmoreit is a glorious beacon of lightEsmoreit is a glorious beacon of lightEsmoreit is a glorious beacon of lightEsmoreit is a glorious beacon of lightEsmoreit is a glorious beacon of lightEsmoreit is a glorious beacon of lightEsmoreit is a glorious beacon of lightEsmoreit is a glorious beacon of light
I've played all battlefield games (without the exeption of the expansions in BF2 and secret weapons of WW2 in 1942) and i must say, though the demo of BF2142 ran great on my PC, it made me long for the older more "simple" days.
So i installed BF1942 again a week ago and found it to be a lot more fun.
Like saying hi to a long lost friend!

Mind you, this is comming from a long time player of all games. I was actually a member of SAMD in BF1942 which would become the skunks in BF2. We dominated the top op the european clan community in BF for quite some time, if any of you heard of it...

Still, playing 1942 kicks ass, like it was during the hay-days. There are still several servers running vanilla, desert combat and forgotten hope so...
Nothing beats running up to an enemy tank with exp packs, or racing through El Alamein in a Sherman.

Also, three words. Capture the flag! Nothing beats sneaking into the enemy's base, get the flag and PRAY you can get to that recently spawned plane before the enemy does or mass-spray you with bullets...
Old 31-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Honoured
KoC name: PsychoticOrc
spearleft

Psycho had way too many reps to count!Psycho had way too many reps to count!Psycho had way too many reps to count!Psycho had way too many reps to count!Psycho had way too many reps to count!Psycho had way too many reps to count!Psycho had way too many reps to count!Psycho had way too many reps to count!Psycho had way too many reps to count!Psycho had way too many reps to count!Psycho had way too many reps to count!Psycho had way too many reps to count!Psycho had way too many reps to count!Psycho had way too many reps to count!
Send a message via AIM to Psycho Send a message via Skype™ to Psycho
Im thinking of buying this... will let you know if I do
#1 Sabber for PR in ages 4 and 6 and top 10 in ages 3 and 5

Old 01-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Honoured
KoC name: Elfodia
spearleft

Elfodia is a jewel in the roughElfodia is a jewel in the roughElfodia is a jewel in the roughElfodia is a jewel in the roughElfodia is a jewel in the rough
buy it.. it's fantastic

We are the KoC, ressistance is futile. You will be assimilated

King of The Minions together with the great xShadoWx

The Minions is the squad for you! Register now!

Stats of previous played Ages:
Age 2 and Age 3 BETA stats unavailable
Age 3 or check here.
Age 4 or check here.
Age 5 or check here.
Played Age 6, but left way before it ended so no ending stats available.
Stopped playing Age 7 around rank 930 BUT!!! I found my ending stats!: HERE!
Age 8
Age 9 stats so far available here

Well I gotta stop counting! I'm at 5 times now!

Last update signature: 16-01-2008
Old 02-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Explosion
spearleft

I am now a Lt. Colonel gold on BF 2142, and am still playing now and then. Feel free to add me to your buddy list. My username is berlin88

The Federalist Papers

Newt Gingrich's Website

The Wall Street Journal

Sean Hannity's Website

Fox News

Bill O'reilly's Website

Economist Thomas Sowell

The National Review

The Weekly Standard
Old 06-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Ex-member
spearleft

Esmoreit is a glorious beacon of lightEsmoreit is a glorious beacon of lightEsmoreit is a glorious beacon of lightEsmoreit is a glorious beacon of lightEsmoreit is a glorious beacon of lightEsmoreit is a glorious beacon of lightEsmoreit is a glorious beacon of lightEsmoreit is a glorious beacon of lightEsmoreit is a glorious beacon of light
I still play battlefield 1942. I don't know It's just so much more satisfying to give headshots with a No4 then rattle away with an AK101 or the futuristic guns in BF2142.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Annihilation
KoC name: Kalki_PR
spearleft

Kalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant futureKalki has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Kalki Send a message via AIM to Kalki Send a message via MSN to Kalki
I like the aviation in BF2 and the um... helicopters in BF 2142, it's so much fun sneaking up on those tanks and smashing them

Old 07-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Ex-member
spearleft

Aviation was retarded in BF2. I mean, it was constantly a game of firing those heat seeking missiles, return to base for a reload, repeat. There was no dogfighting left, and and ground-to-air missiles where horrible (jets would easily boost up and ourtun the missiles due to distance being way to short.)

Compare this to BF1942 where AA would still mean aiming with proximity using anti-air guns with small charge explosions.
Dog fighting would litterally mean pulling off stunts to get behind you're opponent and after that you still needed to aim carefully because you only had machien gun fire. I even studied aerial moves just to perform better in dogfights and bombing - which is also something which I hated in BF2. Where in 1942 it would take skill to spot a tank, pinpoint you're bomb(s) on it then release at the same time... the need for that was just gone the moment those metres popped in screen to give away targets and distance.

Though BF2 is a lot harder to play in, which can be fun, it was ru´ned for me the moment that I noticed that the game hardly needed any skill to play well. This became even more obvious the moment special forces was release and everyone walked around with a 2 shot-1 kill F2000N