Phoenix Rising Phoenix Rising

Go Back   Phoenix Rising > Public area > Games > Video Games

Notices

View Poll Results: Which halo game is best?
Halo CE (Halo1) 28 31.46%
Halo2 57 64.04%
Halo NMP (for all you mods out there) 4 4.49%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-07-2005, 08:45 AM
DaRks1m_PR
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

Halo1 or Halo2?

Ok, time to settle this once and for all...H1 vs H2...which is better in your opinion?

It's a close call, but I think Halo1 was better. The single player mode is better and the multiplayer maps were more fun to play in. There's also less auto-aim so the game is based more on skill than laggy Ripp0n-type shots(watch any H2 vid by Ripp0n at halo-pro.com to see what I mean). The only real weaknesses are that there's no Xbox Live and only two teams to play on in multiplayer. But other than that you can still play halo1 online via XBConnect if you have the right equipment. So I'll give the edge to h1.
Old 19-07-2005, 09:37 AM
Lebanese_General
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

I chose Halo 2

Halo 1 = The missions are way better and have more meaning to them...they have a proper goal at the end of the mission. I do miss the pistile thou

Halo 2 = Multiplayer is way better... and graphics are cool 2.

I guess they both have their ups and downs...in the end i would go for halo 2

Lebanese
Old 19-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Inferno2400
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

I say Halo 2, by a small margin.

Halo 1 has better campaign mode, less auto aim, and better maps. However, its multiplayer is limted to LANs or split screen, unless you count XBC, which is the laggiest crap ever.

Halo 2 has Live multiplayer, so that is a large reason, and its multiplayer is based more on teamwork than H1 was. Also, its graphics are far better than H1.
Old 19-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Ex-member
KoC name: sean4231
spearleft

sean4231 is a name known to allsean4231 is a name known to allsean4231 is a name known to allsean4231 is a name known to allsean4231 is a name known to allsean4231 is a name known to allsean4231 is a name known to allsean4231 is a name known to allsean4231 is a name known to allsean4231 is a name known to allsean4231 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to sean4231 Send a message via MSN to sean4231
I say halo 2 cause it has a Multiplayer and its just better

Old 21-07-2005, 05:54 AM
Explosion (Application Admin)
KoC name: emike55
spearleft

emike55 is a splendid one to beholdemike55 is a splendid one to beholdemike55 is a splendid one to beholdemike55 is a splendid one to beholdemike55 is a splendid one to beholdemike55 is a splendid one to beholdemike55 is a splendid one to beholdemike55 is a splendid one to beholdemike55 is a splendid one to beholdemike55 is a splendid one to beholdemike55 is a splendid one to beholdemike55 is a splendid one to beholdemike55 is a splendid one to beholdemike55 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to emike55 Send a message via MSN to emike55
Quote:
I do miss the pistile thou
When was the last time you could gun down an elite on legendary with nothing but pistols on halo 1? I don't think they really did anything with the pistol except they made it actually stronger.

I got to go with halo 2 by the way...nothing can replace the battle rifle *drools* not to mention the other stuff already said.

35 seconds ago TheGodFather_LaCN 47,652,368 Gold stolen 76 76 306,498,553 369,037,771 details
38 seconds ago meeker 49,080,457 Gold stolen 55 62 438,000,651 815,472,494 details
pwned!

<Tiara> emike55_laptop is cuute
<emike55_laptop> Whoa where did that awesome compliment come from?
<smoran> mm she must want something :P
<emike55_laptop> My body would be what she obviously wants.
<Tiara> im lookin at ur pics
<Tiara> hehehe
<Tiara> maybe if u took some shirtless pics?
Old 21-07-2005, 07:35 AM
Ex-member
KoC name: imalegend
spearleft

imalegend is on a distinguished road
halo 2 is way better. Its has way better graphics and the weapons look alot better. Youd be mad if u liked the first halo over halo 2 and id tell that person to get a life
Old 21-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Lord_Luthar
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

halo2 are you lot mad?? have you actually played it? seemed rushed and crappy..were was all the extra stuff they promised us..boooooo on bungie!
Old 23-07-2005, 03:12 PM
MWTP
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

Quote:
Originally Posted by emike55
When was the last time you could gun down an elite on legendary with nothing but pistols on halo 1? I don't think they really did anything with the pistol except they made it actually stronger.
It took about 5 or 6 body shots to kill an opponent in Halo 1 with the Pistol. In Halo 2, I'm not 100% about this, but I doubt you can down an opponents shields with 5 or 6 shots with a pistol in each hand. T_T The pistol got much weaker, plus it lost its scope.

Still, I prefer Halo 2, because I don't play Halo for the storyline, I play it for Xbox Live, and that is enough to make me want it more than the origional
Old 23-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Gewahlt
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

Halo 2

As much as i liked the pistol in halo one, and it pwned, it was too powerful, so the removed the thing that was making it strong, the scope, and i was glad, yet dissapointed to see that. I love the duel weilding, and the energy sword, and the new online modes. If i were going with story, it would be halo 1, but i play it for the multiplayer, therefore, halo 2. I even got my girlfriend addicted to it.
Old 23-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Lord_Luthar
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

you are all crazy and need to play halo 1 more..halo 2 was such a let down..we waited how long for the greatest game ever...it was rubbish compared to the first..take away online function and you are left with an average game!
Old 23-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Inferno2400
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Luthar
you are all crazy and need to play halo 1 more..halo 2 was such a let down..we waited how long for the greatest game ever...it was rubbish compared to the first..take away online function and you are left with an average game!
But the point is that it has an online function. Have you not read any of the above statements? We're all saying that the campaign for Halo 2 sucks, but the Online Multiplayer is enough for us to enjoy it over Halo CE
Old 24-07-2005, 01:24 AM
Gewahlt
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

Lord Luthar I do acknowledge that valid point, had there been no online play, halo 2 would have been much more average, and there would not have been enough little upgrades like duel weilding to keep this game over halo. I liked both a lot, for certain aspects though.
Old 24-07-2005, 03:32 AM
Ant04
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

ask any halo vet and they will tell you halo1 is better. I use to play halo2 back in in feb. and was a lvl 31 in wwwtofttnet clan(some past toftt members went into gty now), and i was totally legit. H2 is full of modders and standbyers and is no fun. H2 is full of autoaim and has been noobified. Halo1 was better becuz the pistol rocked, required more skill, and there was less autoaim.

+1 for halo CE
Old 25-07-2005, 11:19 AM
Ex-member
KoC name: Gladiator_
spearleft

Gladiator_ will become famous soon enoughGladiator_ will become famous soon enough
I would say halo 2 by a small amount. halo 1 with xbox live and more option s would beat it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant04
ask any halo vet and they will tell you halo1 is better. I use to play halo2 back in in feb. and was a lvl 31 in wwwtofttnet clan(some past toftt members went into gty now), and i was totally legit. H2 is full of modders and standbyers and is no fun. H2 is full of autoaim and has been noobified. Halo1 was better becuz the pistol rocked, required more skill, and there was less autoaim.

+1 for halo CE
The recent updates have almost completely ridded h2 of modders and standbyers. but yes there is more autoaim in halo 2 and the h1 pistol did rock

^link in sig

XBL GT=smart alec 43
Old 25-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Ambassador - Demonic Assassins
KoC name: blackness
spearleft

blackness had way too many reps to count!blackness had way too many reps to count!blackness had way too many reps to count!blackness had way too many reps to count!blackness had way too many reps to count!blackness had way too many reps to count!blackness had way too many reps to count!blackness had way too many reps to count!blackness had way too many reps to count!blackness had way too many reps to count!
Send a message via MSN to blackness
I went with Halo 1 now 2 has some bigger screens and some new twist when you are playing muliplayer but got to stick with 1 because it was simple and well fun the new one has to many new weapons and to many places to just snipe which is cool if that is your style of play but its not mine lol. .

blackness
Old 26-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Ignition
KoC name: XP105
spearleft

XP105 is just really niceXP105 is just really niceXP105 is just really niceXP105 is just really niceXP105 is just really niceXP105 is just really niceXP105 is just really niceXP105 is just really nice
Halo 2 Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous Age Results
Age 2 Unavailable
Age 3
Age 4
Age 5
Age 6
Didn't play Age 7
Age 8
Age 9 So Far

Age 9 Goals:
Top 1000
1000mil DA
100mil Spy
100mil Sentry
Become Nitro
Get 100% activity - SUCCESS!
Old 26-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Ex-member
KoC name: Saravok-
spearleft

Saravok is a glorious beacon of lightSaravok is a glorious beacon of lightSaravok is a glorious beacon of lightSaravok is a glorious beacon of lightSaravok is a glorious beacon of lightSaravok is a glorious beacon of lightSaravok is a glorious beacon of lightSaravok is a glorious beacon of lightSaravok is a glorious beacon of lightSaravok is a glorious beacon of lightSaravok is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Saravok
halo 2!!!! bets game in theworld atm, untill halo 3 comes out
/me bobs up and down in uncontrollable anticipation

Vote for PR you lazy slacks!
~respect list~
Lebanese_red, Gem-, Teenjack, Sig-, Asstearer, Balthazare, GoddessLaura, B_O_D, Elalb, Vengefuldeath87, Lor20_RJ, Danziger5, Lebanesesilverwings, Daemonsadi, Mehio, Dragongem, Hermano, Rulerr_koen, B_O_D .. If i've missed you (likely) pm me and you'll be there if you deserve it
Have fun here!

...<saravok> otc, sign my bum?
* OTC licks saravok's bum to make a clean spot and autographs it
<Sarki> banzai u want otc to sign your man boobs
<banzai> i would if i had any

*i am teh pwng*
Old 26-07-2005, 08:44 AM
Ignition
KoC name: XP105
spearleft

XP105 is just really niceXP105 is just really niceXP105 is just really niceXP105 is just really niceXP105 is just really niceXP105 is just really niceXP105 is just really niceXP105 is just really nice
Thumbs up ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I Agree<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Previous Age Results
Age 2 Unavailable
Age 3
Age 4
Age 5
Age 6
Didn't play Age 7
Age 8
Age 9 So Far

Age 9 Goals:
Top 1000
1000mil DA
100mil Spy
100mil Sentry
Become Nitro
Get 100% activity - SUCCESS!
Old 28-07-2005, 07:13 PM
ridobe
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

definatly halo 2, much better storyline in my eyes
Old 02-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Honoured
KoC name: --
spearleft

FirePenguins has much to be proud ofFirePenguins has much to be proud ofFirePenguins has much to be proud ofFirePenguins has much to be proud ofFirePenguins has much to be proud ofFirePenguins has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to FirePenguins
Halo 1 was better IMHO so that's what I voted for.
It had less weapons but the weapons that it had were more realistic and it had less bugs. In halo 2 sometimes stickies and the sword go right through people. It had better maps and I just have more fun playing it for some reason. Plusit had the pistol But halo 2 has live so that is what I play mostly.

Old 02-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Ex-member
KoC name: Aran_gra_zain
spearleft

Aran_gra_zain is an unknown quantity at this point
HALO 1 is much better.
It was a better story and more fun to play with friends.

In HALO 2 there is the online multiplayer, true.
But its really failed for me. Are all those people so damn boring, they dont say any sh*t, exept maybe "Yeah, I am Amerikan, I slay you b*tch"
*sry for the good Americans, and there are
Old 15-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Ex-member
KoC name: Jumpshot7
spearleft

Jumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to all
I prefere 2 over 1 because of live.

The weapons are more balanced in H2 because of the addition of the BR.

Magnum was weakeaned , but it still has power when wielded with SMG.

Shotgun also weakened, in halo:CE you could scope someone with a shotgun if they didn't have shields.
Old 15-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Honoured
KoC name: blunderball
spearleft

blunderball is a name known to allblunderball is a name known to allblunderball is a name known to allblunderball is a name known to allblunderball is a name known to allblunderball is a name known to allblunderball is a name known to allblunderball is a name known to allblunderball is a name known to allblunderball is a name known to allblunderball is a name known to allblunderball is a name known to allblunderball is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to blunderball
For single player: Halo pwns Halo 2.
For multiplayer: Halo 2 pwns Halo.

<topgun051> always SA
<topgun051> cause of, and solution too, every problem

<GuinnessStretcher> but you know, being all mysterious ...the ladies cannot resist a mystery man with a huge SA
Old 15-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Non-member
KoC name: Kindlegolas
spearleft

Rebel_Kindlegolas is an unknown quantity at this point
For the single player i'd say H1, but for multiplayer H2, cause i love swords at Lockout, and snipers at acension

Does anybody here know how to super jump? Can someone tell me how?

Old 16-08-2005, 01:18 AM
Ex-member
KoC name: Jumpshot7
spearleft

Jumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to all
Do you have live, if so give me your GamerTag and i'll show you,

if not i'll explain it here