Phoenix Rising Phoenix Rising

Go Back   Phoenix Rising > Public area > Games > Video Games

Notices

View Poll Results: Which halo game is best?
Halo CE (Halo1) 28 31.46%
Halo2 57 64.04%
Halo NMP (for all you mods out there) 4 4.49%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-08-2005, 02:26 AM
DaRks1m_PR
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

I haven't caught up on glitches in the past few couple months, but I do remember a trick that you could do to jump slightly higher than normal-maybe it's the same one you're thinking of, but idk. What you need to do, I think, is you fire with the battle rifle twice, then switch weapons with Y. You need to press the buttons really fast otherwise it doesn't work. If you jump and then do that it gives you a very small boost in height and you take a small amount of damage. If that's not what you're thinking of, then I don't know what to tell you. The only other thing I can think of is 'flying', which was taken out of the game with the new map downloads.
Old 16-08-2005, 08:34 AM
squishguy
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

Halo 1 was the best game I had ever played. I loved the campaign mode, loved the story and I thrashed everyone on multiplayer, so I loved that as well.

Then Halo 2 came along. Wooo BOY!
I was at the midnight release, and was one of the first in line! I got home and played Halo 2 all night. The first noticable thing in Halo 2 was the grenades, and how the don't throw as far... Then, playing with the pistol, I realised that it was no where near as good as it was in Halo 1. It was one of my favourite weapons, but now.... You get used to these things..

After playing Halo 2 for some six months, I thought it would be funny to play Halo 1. Me and a few mates jumped on. We were shocked. Halo 1 literally sucked. The graphics were sparce and repetitive, the physics just didn't seem right. The music seemed...dull.

So after that incident, I have never looked back to Halo 1, and I have stayed true to Halo 2 ever since. Mind you, I haven't played my XBox since before last Christmas...

So clearly, I have voted Halo 2 as the best

To 'super jump' press crouch as you are at the peak of your jump.
Old 17-08-2005, 04:10 AM
LandCry Ambassador
KoC name: dirk_von_gladion
spearleft

AlphaOmega has a spectacular aura aboutAlphaOmega has a spectacular aura aboutAlphaOmega has a spectacular aura aboutAlphaOmega has a spectacular aura about
I say halo 1 because halo 2's ending sucked

Loneliness is a slow acting but fatal poison

STAND UP, SPEAK UP! If you are against racism in the world, post this in your signature!
Old 17-08-2005, 06:31 AM
Ex-member
KoC name: Gladiator_
spearleft

Gladiator_ will become famous soon enoughGladiator_ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishguy
To 'super jump' press crouch as you are at the peak of your jump.
I dont know if ur joking or not but that isn't a super jump, lol, far from it. In a super jump u can jump as high as the main tower in ascension

^link in sig

XBL GT=smart alec 43
Old 17-08-2005, 07:04 AM
DarthPretzel
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

I think 2 is better, for multiplayer at the least.

btw, never heard of super jump, whats that?
Old 17-08-2005, 07:40 AM
squishguy
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

Hmm, I guess I was wrong. How the heck can you do a 'Super Jump' then?
Old 17-08-2005, 11:33 AM
RomanGhost
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

Halo 2

Halo 1 did have a good story line
but halo 2 has xbox live, double wield, and the beam sword, o and did i forget?
better graphics
that in my opinion but i like Halo 2 alot more than halo 1
Old 17-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Akito-TFA
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

i think they were both crap myself , they didnt impress me at all
Old 17-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Ex-member
KoC name: Jumpshot7
spearleft

Jumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to all
SuperJumping:

There is about 20 superjumps and superbounces in halo 2.
Most of them are pretty difficult but a good one for beginners is getting on top of the wheel in Zanzibar.

It's kinda hard to explain, but if you wanna know PM me via KoC.
Old 18-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Inferno2400
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormofWater
SuperJumping:

There is about 20 superjumps and superbounces in halo 2.
Most of them are pretty difficult but a good one for beginners is getting on top of the wheel in Zanzibar.

It's kinda hard to explain, but if you wanna know PM me via KoC.
Actually, you can superbounce from anywhere you can crouch into and stay crouched w/out holding crouch, such as the bottom bases of the windmill in Zanzibar. Then you essentially jump onto a "graphics line", which exploits the physics of the game to possibly bounce you really high.

This is probably too confusing, so here's a vid that explains it:
http://picafile.net/media/4PR5VJP84Q8GV4
Old 22-08-2005, 02:51 AM
DaRks1m_PR
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

Alright...this has been bothering me for over a year now. I went over to my friend's house over a year ago and he showed me a halo1 montage that was like the coolest video at the time, but I can't find it on the internet anywhere to download. It was done by a group known as the s0b clan and features top players such as Zyos and Walshy in it. Also, if it helps, the backround song was The Outsider(Apocalypse Mix) by A Perfect Circle. If anyone, by chance, knows where I could find and download this vid, then I'll give them a bunch of rep points.

Oh, and to stay on topic...halo1>halo2. I just played one of the new levels for h2 the first time the other day and boy did it suck. It was some weird foggy forest level with a very cramped building in the middle. Boy, I'd have more fun rolling around in a pile of sh*t than ever playing that level again. So halo2 loses some points 'cause of that level.
Old 22-08-2005, 06:18 AM
squishguy
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

Omg, wow that super jump on the vid was nuts! If I did that in front of my friends, hooo BOY! They'd be shocked!
Thanks for the link!
Old 23-08-2005, 08:31 AM
weasle4000and1
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

Halo 2

Halo is pretty good in that the missions are way better, but i'm more for the multi player games. so my vote would definitely be for Halo 2.
Old 24-08-2005, 03:52 AM
Ex-member
KoC name: Silvanusll
spearleft

Silvanusll has a spectacular aura aboutSilvanusll has a spectacular aura aboutSilvanusll has a spectacular aura about
I'm gonna get yelled and critizied for this, but neither are good.

Sure everyone has to talk like a nerd and say Halo: Combat Evolved has a better storyline (which is true, and what pissed me off in Halo 2) and Halo 2 has better graphics, multiplayer, and extra easter eggs, but none of you have looked deeper.

Both Single Player Campaigns suck. Even though Halo: CE had better storyline than Halo 2, has anyone noticed the level design? It is all the same during certain areas. Halo: CE was good because there was no boss fight, but Halo 2 adds one (that is a spoiler for those who haven't played it yet).

Melee is worthless (except for the sword). While it is a feature needed for modern FPS now, the fact that it takes 3 hits to kill some by hitting them with a rocket launcher is perposterous. Plus, most of the melee moves have been replaced with not as cool moves.

If I were to vote on one however, the winner would be...................Halo: CE.
The idea was original and grand. Halo 2 steals duel wielding and other ideas from other game companies. Plus (spoiler alert for those who haven't played yet, stop reading now), what the hell does the plant have anything to do to develop the Halo Saga?
Old 24-08-2005, 04:16 AM
squishguy
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

Halo 2 is still better though..

Hey, can someone tell me what Halo: CE means? I know its Halo 1, but what does the CE stand for?

EDIT:
Oh my god. I am soooooo stupid... LOL
Combat Evolved.. Hahahaha... Damn... LOL
Old 24-08-2005, 04:38 AM
Ex-member
KoC name: Silvanusll
spearleft

Silvanusll has a spectacular aura aboutSilvanusll has a spectacular aura aboutSilvanusll has a spectacular aura about
CE is for Combat Evolved in the first Halo.
Old 24-08-2005, 04:42 AM
squishguy
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

Quote:
EDIT:
Oh my god. I am soooooo stupid... LOL
Combat Evolved.. Hahahaha... Damn... LOL
Lol, I already figured it out
What's Halo NMP?
Old 26-08-2005, 05:58 PM
G_SHARK_666
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

Halo 2 kickass & i am waiting 4 Halo 3 on X-BOX 360 cuse its fucken Awesome
Old 26-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Ex-member
KoC name: Jumpshot7
spearleft

Jumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to allJumpshot7 is a name known to all
Well actually, in the auto update for xbox live, or in the new retail cd, the melee has been a given a HUGE boost. As for the dual wielding, I completely disagree because it adds a level of skill to the game because you have to be aware of all possible situations.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Ex-member
KoC name: LFABarlogs_Sword
spearleft

LFABarlogs_Sword is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LFABarlogs_Sword Send a message via MSN to LFABarlogs_Sword
Well i gota go with halo 2 for the live and dual weilding.

I play live a ton and im pretty rediculously good at halo 2. I like the updates alot actualy, i was playing on my freinds box who doesnt have the updates and i was getting so agrivated when my melee didnt kill some one.

I can show you guys a few superjumps or maybe help you get some levels on live if you want, im a 28 atm, my best rank was a 31, froboy2718 is the gamertag.

Barlog

Please visit the TSL forums Theres an arcade and our
own mini KOC which is loads of fun!
Old 02-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Ex-member
KoC name: Gladiator_
spearleft

Gladiator_ will become famous soon enoughGladiator_ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Lol, I already figured it out
What's Halo NMP?
its a modded version of halo, it kinda adds new maps(in a sense), modifies existing maps, and modifies and creates new weapons to play with. u can create ur own stuff

btw, yay for video games section!

^link in sig

XBL GT=smart alec 43
Old 10-09-2005, 09:05 PM
klingan
Non-member
KoC name:
spearleft

I think Halo1 is the best since halo2 has to many objects so u don't get the maps clear like int the 1st one and there is also many graphical problems in the #2 even in the 1st there are many but not so many just like this the Halo2 don't have chans against the Halo1 :P
Old 21-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Ex-member
KoC name: the_guy_on_the_left
spearleft

the guy on the left is just really nicethe guy on the left is just really nicethe guy on the left is just really nicethe guy on the left is just really nicethe guy on the left is just really nicethe guy on the left is just really nicethe guy on the left is just really nicethe guy on the left is just really nice
i voted halo2.
Old 21-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Ex-member
KoC name: CaptainTwayblade
spearleft

CaptainTwayblade is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CaptainTwayblade
Halo 2

I voted for halo 2. halo was great but without dualwielding and energy swords it just doesnt compare to halo2. halo 2 also has awesome multiplayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks LordBrocktree for the banner!

Last edited by CaptainTwayblade; 14-10-2005 at 05:50 PM.
Old 21-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Ex-member
KoC name: Not playing anymore
spearleft

Gangsta has a spectacular aura aboutGangsta has a spectacular aura aboutGangsta has a spectacular aura about
Halo suck! Its 99,9% graphic and 0,1% gameplay!

Age 4 rank:

Age 5 rank:

I will not play in age 6